White Chocolate Chunk Mousse Tartlets are a smooth and creamy dessert that’s made with purchased tart shells.
When you spoon the white chocolate chunk mousse into a crisp cookie tart shell and top them with fresh fruit, it’s a dreamy dessert combination.
You can make and chill the White Chocolate Chunk Mousse hours before filling the tartlet shells to make prep less stressful. You’ll garnish and then chill them for an hour before you want to serve them.
You don’t want to fill the White Chocolate Chunk Mousse tartlet shells too far in advance, as they can become soggy. You want to keep your cookie shells nice and crisp for serving time.
WANT SOME MORE 4TH OF JULY RECIPES?
Click on this link for more 4th of July recipes and celebration printables!
CLICK LINK: 4TH OF JULY RECIPES AND PATRIOTIC PRINTABLES
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our weekly emails.
Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life!
That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
8 oz. good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
2 egg yolks
2 Tbsp. white sugar
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream +
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 oz. good quality white chocolate, roughly chopped
20 mini tartlet shells
Fresh blueberries, raspberries & strawberries
- Place the 8 ounces of chocolate in a medium glass bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and pale yellow.
- Place a small saucepan over low heat and add 1/4 cup cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and slowly add cream to the yolk mixture while constantly whisking to keep from curdling the yolks.
- Pour the entire mixture back into the saucepan over low heat and cook until it will coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour the hot mixture through a fine mesh sieve that's placed over the glass bowl of chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In a large CHILLED non-aluminum bowl, whip the 1 cup cream to just barely stiff peaks. Gently fold one-half of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate to lighten the yolk mixture. Leave some streaks still showing. Fold in remaining whipped cream and 2 ounces chopped chocolate until completely combined. (over-mixing will deflate the whipped cream)
- Place tart shells on a parchment paper lined, rimmed baking sheet. Spoon mousse into tart shells. Decorate tops with fresh berries and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Mousse can be made up to 8 hours before filling tarts. Tart shells can soften if filled more than 1 hour before serving.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 305Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 19mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 2gSugar 11gProtein 8g
Calorie and fat counts will vary according to the specific ingredients used.