SMOKED FISH AND POTATO SALAD WITH CREAMY DILL DRESSING
Now this is a Summer salad! Smoked Fish and Potato Salad with Creamy Dill Dressing combines potatoes, sweet peas, capers and green onions to make a delicious accompaniment to any warm-weather meal.
Then it’s all slathered in a creamy dill dressing and garnished with hard-cooked egg that adds that Summery touch of flavor we all love so much.
It’s hearty enough to stand in for the entree, or is a fabulous addition to a pot-luck or buffet supper too!
Technically, you don’t even have to smoke the fish yourself! Just grab some from your grocer’s and you’ll be ready to enjoy this fabulous salad this Summer!
Don’t miss the master article on my How-To Guide For Smoking Food at Home! Because that’s where you’ll find everything you need to know to set up and use a home smoker.
Whether it’s a dedicated piece of machinery, like a pellet smoker, or a make-shift smoker in your grill, I’ll give you all the facts you’ll need.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 cup packed fresh dill, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 lbs. red New or Yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 8 oz. smoked fish, broken into large chunks (salmon/trout/sea bass/snapper)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 3 hard cooked eggs, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Whisk together all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, cover and chill until needed. (CAN BE MADE UP TO 4 HOURS AHEAD)
- Place potatoes in medium pot, cover with cold water and put over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. salt, cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook potatoes until barely tender, but still firm. Add frozen peas and cook for 1 minute longer. Drain and let cool completely before assembling salad.
- ASSEMBLE SALAD: In a large bowl, combine potatoes, peas, fish, onions and capers, tossing gently to combine. Add 1/2 the dressing and toss gently to coat salad ingredients.
- Add 1/2 of the eggs and all the parsley and remaining dressing, tossing gently to combine mixture and completely coat salad. Transfer to serving bowl or platter. Garnish with remaining egg quarters. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 76mgSodium 365mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 10g
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.