PLANK SMOKED PEACHES WITH SWEET RICOTTA AND NUTS
Slightly smokey, drizzled with honey and topped with honey-sweetened ricotta cheese and toasted nuts. Plank Smoked Peaches with Sweet Ricotta and Nuts is a fabulous end to a lovely meal outdoors with family and friends.
Try it with a sweet dessert wine for an incredible taste combination!
Don’t miss the master article on my How-To Guide For Smoking Food at Home! Because that’s where you’ll find everything you need to know to set up and use a home smoker.
Whether it’s a dedicated piece of machinery, like a pellet smoker, or a make-shift smoker in your grill, I’ll give you all the facts you’ll need.
2 - 12" x 6" Fruit Wood Planks (soaked and submerged in water or apple juice for 1 hour)
8 large, ripe, but firm peaches, pitted, halved or quartered
1 1/3 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
1/3 cup honey, divided
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
1/3 cup nuts, toasted and chopped (walnuts or pecans are lovely)
Fresh sprigs of thyme for garnish
- Prepare smoker per manufacturers directions and preheat to 250°F OR preheat grill with a medium fire on one side and a low fire on the other side.
- Place soaked planks over the medium fire and leave 7-8 minutes, or until they begin to smoke. In the meantime, place cut peaches on the rack over the cooler side, cut side down. Let cook until grill marks appear, about 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer wood planks cooler side and place 8 peach halves on each plank, cut side up.
- Close lid and smoke for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, thyme and 2 Tbsp. honey.
- Remove from smoker, place on serving platter, drizzle with remaining honey and drop dollops of cheese onto each peach half. Top with toasted nuts and garnish with fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 181Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 21mgSodium 51mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 6g
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.