HOW FABULOUS IS THIS “POSH MALLOW” TOWER?
You’ve got to try this Harlequin New Year’s Eve “Posh Mallow” Tower for your own party this year. My gourmet dipped marshmallow pops will be the hit of the party. It’s not only an incredibly posh dessert, it’s also a fabulous piece of party decor!
It’s so simple to assemble from pre-cut styrofoam forms and then letting your creativity flow. Use my “posh mallow” tower as the starting point for your own party’s color scheme and style of entertaining. Making “posh mallow” gourmet dipped marshmallow pops is really simple. And they can be customized to your party’s theme too.
Change up the color of candy coatings and then go nuts with your colored decorations. Your creativity is your only limitation for this dessert!
HERE’S HOW I STYLED MY “POSH MALLOW TOWER”
- One 9″ round styrofoam circle (used for the base)
- One 18″ styrofoam cone (glued to the base for the tower that holds your mallow pops)
- Spray paint, color and finish of your choice for base and cone pieces
- Ribbon for covering edges of the circle base piece
- Pre-cut and painted wooded letters (N, Y and E) hot-glued together and glued to tower and base
- Paper party hat cut-out for decorative topper
I kept my design simple to let the “posh mallows” take the center stage, but you’ve got my permission to get really wild and show off your creativity to the max. On one condition though… You have to post a pic of your finished New Year’s Eve “Posh Mallow” Tower!
All of us at The Fab Life Facebook Group want to see your fabulous creation. Show it off, we’re waiting to see what you can do!
HOW TO MAKE “POSH MALLOW” POPS FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE
I was planning on making a recipe card for these gourmet dipped marshmallow pops. But they really are so simple, that a quick explanation and a few tips are all you really need. So off we go!
INGREDIENTS AND SUPPLIES:
- Chocolate varieties or candy coating colors of your choice (I used white and dark chocolates)
- Fresh regular sized marshmallows
- Variety of sprinkles, dragees, jimmies, coconut, mini-chocolate chips, etc. of your choice
- 6″ lollypop sticks
- Insert sticks into marshmallows with flat edges on top and bottom and stand up in drinking glasses that are shorter than your sticks. (these will hold your pops upright while they are drying)
- Have all your decorative “toppings” ready to sprinkle or pour, as you’ll need to work quickly before the chocolate sets up to help the sprinkles stick.
- Prepare a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet to catch the sprinkles as you decorate your posh pops (easy clean up!)
- Pour chocolate/coating pieces into a one-cup glass measure cup. Melt in microwave using 30 second intervals, stirring between until completely melted. (you’ll want the measure cup to be at least 2/3 full of melted chocolate)
- Work with one color chocolate coating at a time, using a variety of “toppings” for a nice selection of pops on your tower.
- Dip the mallow pops into the melted chocolate up to the half-way point, keeping the bottom white. Gently swirl the mallow in the chocolate and let excess drip back into the cup.
- Hold the dipped mallow over your prepared baking sheet and sprinkle the top and all sides with the decorations of your choice.
- Gently rotate the pop for one minute to keep the coating from dripping down the mallow.
- Place the finished “posh pops” in the drinking glasses, taking care that they don’t touch while drying.
- Insert finished pops into your tower at an upward angle for easy removal.
Make your tower ahead of time at your convenience so it’s ready for party day. The mallow pops can be made up to 4 hours before party time and stay fresh.
They can be lightly covered with plastic wrap while standing in their glasses if you want to make them earlier in the day.
Take care not to knock off your pretty decorations. Insert the pops into the tower only after they are completely dry.
Voila! Now you’ve got your own New Year’s Eve “Posh Mallow” Tower that will surely be the hit of your bash.
This is just one of the tons of my fabulous “Over-the-Top” New Year’s Eve Party Ideas! There’s two more installments in this New Year’s Eve Party Ideas series with lots more great ideas and tips. Make sure you check them out for yourself!
Not a member yet? Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library. Just fill out the form on the right of this page to start receiving our newsletters and start printing out our FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life, where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.