Spicy and bold, this is a great side dish to serve all Summer long! This version of Mexicali Corn on the Cob is also fabulous off the ear and served on a platter topped with lots of creamy Mexican Cojita cheese!
Not just your traditional ingredients, my recipe calls for not only for cayenne powder, but garlic powder and kosher salt too.
This trio of spices combined with sweet unsalted butter, tangy lime juice, and fresh cilantro make for a heady and spicy culinary experience.
While the corn is hot, it’s rolled in butter, doused with citrus and then given the spicy treatment.
Gilding the lily with a generous sprinkling of creamy Cojita cheese from Mexico takes this side dish into heavenly territory!
WANT SOME MORE 4TH OF JULY RECIPES?
Click on this link for more 4th of July recipes and celebration printables!
- Creamy Celery Seed Cole Slaw
- Sticky Asian 5 Spice Ribs
- Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- Sweet Deviled Eggs
- White Chocolate Chunk Mousse Tartlets
- Printable 4th of July Pennant Banner
- Patriotic Printable Menu Tent Cards
- Printable 4th of July Flatware Holders
CLICK LINK: 4TH OF JULY RECIPES AND PATRIOTIC PRINTABLES
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
6 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned of silk
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into 6 pieces
1 Lime, cut in half
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/3 cup Cojita cheese, crumbled
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Lime wedges for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Place ears of corn into a large pot of already boiling water, cover and cook for ONLY 5 minutes. It doesn't matter when the water comes back to the boil. Take them out after the 5 minutes has passed.
- Place the butter pats in a rimmed baking sheet just large enough to hold the corn. Place the hot corn on top of the butter and turn to coat all sides. Remove to serving platter.
- Squeeze the lime halves over the corn and sprinkles evenly with the spice mixture.
- Top with cheese and garnish with cilantro. Garnish with lime wedges.
- Serve immediately. (SEE NOTE)
This recipe is also lovely cut off the cob and topped with all the other ingredients. It makes a beautiful plattered side dish.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 183Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 27mgSodium 460mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 5g