Roasting at a high temperature makes these Lemon Roasted Potatoes crispy on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside!
Redolent with thick, charred slices of onion and lemon, this is a side dish everyone will love!
The secret to this fabulous recipe is tossing the hot-from-the-oven potatoes, onions and lemons with the dressing.
When the potatoes are hot, they have the ability to absorb more of the dressing and flavors than when cold. I don’t even take them out of the roasting pan!
Just whisk up the dressing and spoon it over all the potatoes, onion and lemon slices. Then gently toss them with some tongs until everything is coated. Go ahead and use all the dressing, even if it start to puddle. It will all be absorbed before you know it!
Lemon Roasted Potatoes are fabulous served hot, warm or at room temperature! Now that makes it a fabulous dish to serve for a holiday celebration, doesn’t it!
WANT SOME MORE 4TH OF JULY RECIPES?
Click on this link for more 4th of July recipes and celebration printables!
- Creamy Celery Seed Cole Slaw
- Mexicali Corn on the Cob
- Sticky Asian 5 Spice Ribs
- Sweet Deviled Eggs
- White Chocolate Chunk Mousse Tartlets
- Printable 4th of July Pennant Banner
- Patriotic Printable Menu Tent Cards
- Printable 4th of July Flatware Holders
CLICK LINK: 4TH OF JULY RECIPES AND PATRIOTIC PRINTABLES
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
2 1/2 lbs. tri-color fingerling potatoes (or small new red potatoes)
2 medium sweet onions, peeled and sliced thick
1 large lemon, sliced thick
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
Zest of one lemon
2 tsp. garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, gently toss potatoes, onions and lemon slices with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, toss gently and cook for another 20 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, whisk to combine and hold.
- When potatoes are done, take out of oven. Whisk dressing well and immediately spoon over the potato mixture. Toss gently to coat well. Add kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Arrange potatoes, lemon slices and onions on a platter.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. SEE NOTE
Potatoes can be prepared up to 6 hours ahead and chilled. Let come to room temperature before serving.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 236Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 1mgSodium 193mgCarbohydrates 38gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 4g
Calorie and fat counts will vary according to specific ingredients used.