THIS EASY PICKLED RED ONIONS RECIPE IS ALWAYS IN MY REFRIGERATOR!
Easy pickled red onions are always in my refrigerator, especially in the winter!
You may not think of pickled vegies as a wintertime condiment. But I think that the dreary colder months are exactly when you could you a little zestiness in your foods. There are so many ways to use pickled red onions, especially as a “finishing touch”! They’re amazing on sandwiches and in salads too.
It gets very dark and dreary in the winter on top of the mountain we live on in Western North Carolina. So I can use all the zest I can get in my life! (making it a little more fabulous!)
This is such a quick and easy pickled red onion recipe that yields such a delightful addition to our weekly menus. I try to whip a batch while I’m in the kitchen cooking something else that uses red onions. Work smart, not hard!
HOW TO USE PICKLED RED ONIONS
I want you to give this recipe a try. I’m betting you’ll be thanking me after finishing your Italian sub sandwich with your mouth still tingling with complete satisfaction.
Here’s a list of some fabulous ways to use pickled red onions:
- As a relish on your sandwiches, wraps and subs
- Add pickled red onions and jalepeno peppers to your pizza
- Perfect relish for smoked fish boards
- On your bagel, lox and cream cheese breakfast nosh
- In your fish or chicken tacos
- Add some tang to your composed salad plates
MAKE EASY PICKLED RED ONIONS A STAPLE IN YOUR HOME
You get the drift. Now that you know how to make pickled red onions, you’ll have these little wonders tucked away for any number of uses, right? Especially when you’re reaching for a zesty addition to the same old recipe tomorrow night.
Let us know how you use your pickled red onions over at our Facebook Group, The Fab Life. I’m always looking for new ways to enjoy these little tangy jewels. (they remind me of rubies, how fabulous!)
HOW TO PICKLE EVERYTHING GUIDE – Recipes, Instructions & PDF
If you want to learn everything there is to know about pickling just about anything, then you’re going to need to read this post!
Learn how to pickle so many things into tasty nibbles like:
- Fruits – Cherries, peaches, plums, watermelon and more
- Quick pickled vegetables – cauliflower, green beans, okra, radishes and more
- Corned Beef and Pickled Pork recipes
- Pickled Seafood – Shrimp, mussels and scallops, abalone…
Plus I’ve created a valuable resource to use for pickling anything you can get your hands on!
It’s my 10-PAGE How to Pickle Everything Guide PDF, chock full of instructions, tips and recipes! Quick Pickled Vegetables are the best part of Summer!
Click here to read: How to Pickle Everything Guide – Recipes, Instructions & PDF
Want your own copy of the How To Pickle Everything Guide, but you’re not on our list yet?
Fill out the form below and I’ll send you a copy as a thank you for joining the IFAFL Email Subscriber List.
As a Ingredients For A Fabulous Life Subscriber, you’ll also get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. What are you waiting for? You don’t want to miss out on anything fabulous, do you?
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. coarse kosher salt
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- As soon as the onion mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and let them steep in the pickling liquid for 30 minutes. Cool.
- Store in a glass mason jar for up to 1 month in your refrigerator.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 19Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 531mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 0g