WHEN YOU SERVE BEET AND FETA SALAD WITH PESTO CHIFFONADE – IT’S JUST AS PRETTY AS IT IS DELICIOUS!
COMPOSED BEET AND FETA SALAD – It’s Garnished with a Pesto Chiffonade
My Beet and Feta Salad is as pretty as it is tasty with it’s perfect rows of ruby-red beets! Roasted beets, cubes of feta cheese, and a basil pesto chiffonade combine into a lovely luncheon salad. But when topped with the accompanying balsamic dressing, this salad just bursts with lively flavors!
PLEASE ROAST YOUR BEETS – IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE!
When vegetables are roasted at high temperatures in the oven, magic happens! The outsides get crusty and charred, while the centers develop a deeply flavorful, creamy texture. Like I said, MAGIC!
Here’s some tips for roasting vegetables in the oven to the caramelized stage:
- Peel and cut your vegetables into bite-sized pieces
- Toss with a nice tasting oil, like a mild olive or avocado oil
- Use enough to thoroughly coat each and every piece, but not enough to allow puddling on the pan
- Give the vegetables a good sprinkling of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, tossing to coat well
- Spread the vegetable chucks evenly in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Make sure to give them plenty of room to brown and crispen
- Preheat the oven to at least 425°F, but you can go as high as 450°F for a faster roasting time
- Roast until the vegetables are tender enough to pierce with a fork and you see some charred bits on the edges
- Start checking the vegetables about 15 minutes into the cooking time to stir if needed
Remember the Pamper Me Pretty Party I mentioned earlier? Come see the rest of the fabulous Luncheon Buffet menu, party printables, in-party activities, and much, much more!
WHY NOT GET THE GALS TOGETHER FOR A FABULOUS PAMPER ME PRETTY PARTY?
This is the “Welcome to my Pamper Me Pretty Party” you’ll have waiting for the girls upon their arrival. How special are they to score a custom-printed invitation to your day of beauty, relaxation and girly-girl fun? AND, what a fabulous hostess you are too, by the way!
Ingredients for a Fabulous Life has the Ultimate Spa Day Party all planned out for you!
Everything is taken care of, from the Pamper Me Pretty Party Invitations to the Take-Home Goodie Bags. They’ll be stuffed full of the beauty treatments your gal-pals make during the party plus a few extras you’ve tossed in!
THE “PAMPER ME PRETTY PARTY” KIT
- PMP Party invitation
- Pamper Party Master Shopping List
- PMP Party Food & Beverage Signage
- PMP Party At-Party Facial Treatment Instruction Signage -includes spa treatment supply checklist (party activity)
- Party “Take Home” Recipe & Instruction Signage (party activity)
- Essential Oil Blending Guide (for the “personal fragrance” station party activity)
- PMP Party Swag Bag Tags (so your guests will know which swag bag is theirs!)
- Natural Facelift Massage Instructions Sheet (party activity)
- DIY Scalp Massage Sheet (party activity)
- PMP Party Front Door “WARNING” No cell phone Pampering Zone sign
THE ULTIMATE SPA DAY PARTY IS JUST WAITING FOR YOU!
As you see in this image, the Composed Beet & Feta Salad with Pesto Chiffonade is just gorgeous on the party buffet!
I’ve created an incredible menu perfect for a lovely spa day or evening. Your guests will enjoy a varied menu consisting of:
- Beverage Service includes: Fruited Spa Waters, Pitchers of Spicy Bloody Mary’s & Lemon Drop cocktails
- Roasted Shrimp Cocktails with Zesty Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette
- Winter Greens & Caramelized Butternut Squash Couscous Salad
- Composed Beet & Feta Salad with Pesto Chiffonade
- Dessert: Chocolate Hazelnut Dip & Lemon Poppyseed Dip served with assorted fruits and cookies
- Iced Coffee and Asst. Hot Teas
AT PARTY SPA TREATMENTS & TAKE HOME GOODIE BAGS
The pampering begins with your guests enjoying a series of beauty treatments, facial yoga exercises, an even a relaxing scalp rub!
After a delicious and relaxing Pamper Me Pretty Luncheon Buffet, the gals will get busy! Your guests will have a blast concocting their own beauty treatments to take home with them.
Dessert, Iced Coffee and a lovely selection of hot teas await them to end your Ultimate Spa Day Party!
Can you imagine a more fabulous way to spend an afternoon with the gals?
This party does have a bit of “prep”. But if you draft your BFF to help on party day, you’ll be ready to enjoy a day of relaxing fun with your friends.
And now, imagine the cozy “spa” atmosphere you’ll create in your home.
The lights are dimmed, it’s warm and cozy, candles are flickering and soft music wafts through the air …
Why not start planning your own Pamper Me Pretty Party? What date looks good for you?
CLICK HERE TO READ THE MASTER POST: PAMPER ME PRETTY PARTY – THE ULTIMATE SPA DAY
HERE’S HOW TO GET YOUR PAMPER ME PRETTY PARTY PRINTABLES
Want your own set of PAMPER ME PRETTY PARTY PRINTABLES, but you’re not on our list yet?
Why not join in on the fun!
Fill out the form below and I’ll send you a copy as a thank you for joining the IFAFL Email Subscriber List.
As a Ingredients For A Fabulous Life Subscriber, you’ll also get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails.
What are you waiting for? You don’t want to miss out on anything fabulous, do you? There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, don’t you want to stay in the loop?
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
3 large or 5 medium beets with leaves intact
Salt and pepper
8 oz. feta cheese block
2 cups WHOLE fresh basil leaves
1/3 cup pine nuts, toasted (5 mins at 350 degrees)
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T maple syrup
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse beets thoroughly to remove all sand. Cut off root ends and leaves, leaving 1" stem intact. Dry very well. Rub beets with oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap beets in foil and roast until tender when pierced with a knife. (about an 1 1/2 hrs. for large /1 hr for medium)
- While beets are roasting, carefully cut the feta cheese block into 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer to a plate, being careful not to break the cubes. Cover and refrigerate until you assemble salad. (can be done up to 48 hours ahead)
- To make dressing, combine all the ingredients, whisking well to emulsify the mixture. Place in covered container and chill until ready to place in serving vessel. Dressing will be served separately next to salad.
- When beets are tender, remove from oven and let steam in the foil for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open foil. As soon as the beets are cool enough to handle (but still hot), don a pair of latex gloves and slide the skins off the beets, and cut off the stem end. Let cool completely.
- Slice all four sides of beets to made a rough square shape. Cut into 1/2 inch slices, stack and cut into 1/2 inch squares. (don't worry too much if they aren't perfect, just try to cut off really obvious round edges) Store in a covered container in refrigerator until ready to assemble salad. (CAN BE DONE UP TO 48 HOURS BEFORE SERVING SALAD)
- TO ASSEMBLE SALAD: On a long, narrow platter, line up the feta cubes in pairs down the center length of the platter. Evenly scatter beet cubes down both sides of the cheese.
- SALAD CAN BE ASSEMBLED ON A LONG PLATTER AHEAD OF TIME, COVERED AND CHILLED UNTIL IT'S TIME TO ADD PESTO CHIFFONADE AND SERVE.
- WHEN READY TO SET OUT PLATTER BEFORE SERVING: Prepare the Pesto Chiffonade by rolling basil leaves into a tight lengthwise cylinder. Slice the cylinder into 1/2 inch sections to make "basil ribbons".
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, pine nuts and garlic, stirring to combine. Add the pine nuts, basil, salt and pepper. With a pair of tongs, lightly toss mixture to coat basil. Add grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste and toss lightly to combine.
- Add mounds of pesto chiffonade to both ends and the center of the beet and feta salad.
- Serve with dressing on the side.
MAKE AHEAD - Beets can be roasted and peeled up to 48 hours before serving. The feta can be cubed up to 48 hours before serving too.
Pesto chiffonade needs to be made right before setting out the platter. It will wilt and darken the longer it sits.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 364Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 29mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 7g
Nutritional information should be considered an estimate only; please consult a registered dietician, nutritionist, or your physician for specific health-related questions. Please note that the recipe above is published using a recipe card plugin, with preexisting software which can auto-calculate metric measurements, as well as change the number of servings. Metric conversions and changes to the number of servings (resulting in different ingredient amounts) will only appear in the ingredient list, and are not changed within the step-by-step directions of the recipe