Spicy Spanish sausage gives this Chorizo Queso Dip a gutsy flavor profile that raises it to the next level of YUMMY goodness!
You’ll find the recipe card for Chorizo Queso Dip at the bottom of this post. But first, if you’re throwing a party for the BIG GAME this season, you’ll definitely want to check out my Super Bowl Party Ideas and Printables!
WHY NOT THROW A FABULOUS CUSTOMIZED SUPER BOWL PARTY THIS YEAR!
Ingredients for a Fabulous Life has lots of great Super Bowl Party Ideas for you to try! Why not start planning your own Fabulous Football Feté?
You’ll find my Super Bowl Pre-Party Planner really helpful! Click on the image to download and print out your FREE copy and get started planning today!
WANT MORE SUPER BOWL RECIPES, PROJECTS AND PRINTABLES?
You got ’em! Check out more Super Bowl ideas, recipes and projects right here!
SUPER BOWL PARTY IDEAS – Pretzel Dip Bar, Projects & Printables
SUPER “CHILI” BOWL BAR & LAST MINUTE SUPER BOWL PARTY IDEAS
Chili “Bowl” Bar – 3 Chili Recipes to Feed a Crowd
Cincinnati Chili Pasta “Bowl” Recipe – Feed Your Crowd in Style!
They’re filled with more fabulous “customized” Super Bowl party recipes, projects and printables.
SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL PRINTABLES
Want your own set of SUPER BOWL FOOTBALL PRINTABLES, but you’re not on our list yet?
Why not join in on the fun!
Fill out the form below and I’ll send you a copy as a thank you for joining the IFAFL Email Subscriber List.
As a Ingredients For A Fabulous Life Subscriber, you’ll also get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails.
What are you waiting for? You don’t want to miss out on anything fabulous, do you?
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, don’t you want to stay in the loop?
And while you’re at it, come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
Poblano pepper, rubbed with canola oil
9 oz. pork or beef chorizo sausage in casing
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. AP flour
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
2 cups whole milk
1 cup half-and-half
6 oz. monterey jack cheese, grated
4 oz. extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat broiler on high. Place oiled poblano pepper on a foiled- lined rimmed baking sheet. Heat under the broiler, turning until all sides are blistered and browned.
- Remove and place inside a plastic storage bag to steam for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and seeds, then dice. Hold.
- Take the chorizo from the casing. Cook in a small skillet until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Drain well on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Continue cooking and stirring for two more minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the creams in microwave until warmed. Slowly whisk in the warm cream mixture over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until the mixture starts to thicken. Cook while whisking until it reaches a low simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue whisking, adding the cheeses in batches. Allow the cheese to melt before adding more.
- Add the diced chilies and chorizo, stirring well to combine.
- Cook for 2 more minutes, or until heated through.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 49Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 12mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 3g
Nutritional information should be considered an estimate only; please consult a registered dietician, nutritionist, or your physician for specific health-related questions. Please note that the recipe above is published using a recipe card plugin, with preexisting software which can auto-calculate metric measurements, as well as change the number of servings. Metric conversions and changes to the number of servings (resulting in different ingredient amounts) will only appear in the ingredient list, and are not changed within the step-by-step directions of the recipe.