You’re definitely going to want this Big Batch Bloody Mary Mix Recipe!
This is a real crowd pleaser each and every time I whip up a batch to play a major role in my brunch beverage options.
But the real testimonial of this zippy and tasty make-ahead mixer is that it is equally popular at a holiday open house, tailgate party or ladies luncheon. Talk about versatility when entertaining a crowd!
I HAVE A CONFESSION TO MAKE…
My Confession is: I’m a real garnish junkie.
I’ll have a Bloody Mary just so I can eat my garnishes of a thick slice of crisp bacon, a spicy shrimp and a chunk of pickled okra.
The smooth, spicy tomato concoction providing their base is almost an afterthought for me.
A COCKTAIL GARNISH FOR EVERYONE’S TASTE
Since I love to get creative with my cocktail garnishes, here’s a list of items that are quite complementary to my big batch bloody mary mix recipe:
- lemon slices or wedges
- cornichon pickles
- pickled asparagus spears (pictured below, appears in recipe index under specialty items)
- crisp thick bacon slices
- celery sticks (preferably with some leaves attached)
- vermouth pickled cocktail onions
- lemony marinated olives (appears in recipe index under specialty items)
- pickled carrot sticks (pictured below, appears in recipe index under specialty items)
- spicy cooked shrimp (cooked in water bath of Old Bay seasoning, salt, garlic powder and hot sauce)
- pickled okra
Not only are these fabulous cocktail garnishes stylish, but they’re also a nice little nibble as you enjoy your libation.
You’ll want to pre-skewer several different items together in different combos for your guests to choose from. This is a great way for your guests to be able to customize their personal cocktails.
That’s what makes my Big Batch Bloody Mary Mix recipe and cocktail garnishes for entertaining a crowd one of the best little tools you can use in your holiday party planning.
THIS IS YOUR RECIPE FOR ENTERTAINING A CROWD
This is a lovely cocktail mixer to add to your entertaining repertoire since it really should be made the day-ahead.
Letting the flavors meld into a lovely flavorful cocktail base is essential. Any way you can make party day less hectic and stressful the better!
A thought just occurred to me, I’m going to pop some of those cooked shrimp into my Big Batch Bloody Mary Mix Recipe.
I see it in a low footed crystal bowl, I’ll let you know if it was successful!
I’m always looking for ways to use up my leftover ingredients. And who knows, I just might have some bloody mix and shrimp left in the refrigerator after the party!
If your family and friends are fans of Bloody Mary’s, or you’re entertaining a crowd, then this is your recipe! Don’t forget to add some fabulous cocktail garnishes to your bar cart too. You’ll be the hostess-with-the-mostest!
The recipe card is below this post.
Now you don’t think I’d give this fabulous mixer recipe and not show you how to use it, do you? Here’s my favorite Big Batch Bloody Mary Cocktail recipe for you to try on your crowd.
NAN’S FABULOUS BLOODY MARY RECIPE
Yield: 1 cocktail
1 1/2 ounces vodka * 8 ounces big batch bloody mary mix * Garnish as desired
WHAT WILL YOU BE SERVING ON YOUR BAR CART THIS SEASON?
This Big Batch Bloody Mary Mix is part of my Ultimate Holiday Bar Cart post How to Stock the Ultimate Holiday Bar Cart – Part One. As I’ve noted above, the recipes for a few of my creative cocktail garnishes, including these fabulous pickled vegies are located in the IFAFL Recipe Index under Specialty Items.
You should also check out my Rambutini recipe and post on the incredible tropical fruit called a Rambutan. Really cool stuff!
Are you entertaining during the holidays? What do you plan to serve on your bar cart?
Let me know in the comments below this section or hop over to The Fab Life Facebook Group to post some pics of your favorite concoctions! What are your favorite cocktail garnishes?
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life, where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
Not a member yet? Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library. Just fill out the form on the right of this page to start receiving our newsletters and start printing out our FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
- 8 cups tomato juice
- 4 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 Tbs. prepared horseradish
- 3 tsps. mild pepper of your choice, finely diced
- 3 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. celery seed
- 3 tsp. dill seed
- 1 tsp. EACH, salt and fresh ground pepper
- Hot sauce to taste (just before serving)
- Cocktail garnishes: pickled okra, crisp bacon strips, lemon slices, cooked shrimp....
1. Add the celery and 1 cup of the tomato juice to your blender. Pulse until mixture is smooth.
2. Add an additional 2 cups of tomato juice and all remaining ingredients EXCEPT hot sauce. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour into a pitcher or plastic storage container, add the remaining 5 cups of tomato juice and stir well to combine.
4. Store Bloody Mary Mixer in your refrigerator until ready to use.
5. Before serving, taste the mixture and add Hot Sauce to your liking.
6. Serve chilled.
This recipe should be made at least 12 hours or up to 24 hours before it is served. Enjoy!