You will not taste a better balsamic vinaigrette in a bottle. And that’s a promise!
This is truly the Best-Ever Balsamic Vinaigrette recipe!
When you learn to make vinaigrette from scratch, you open up a whole world of possibilities! Getting creative and making a different dressing every time can become intoxicating for a home cook.
But, I caution you on this one aspect of “riffing” recipes: Take notes!
It’s really hard to duplicate your fabulous creation if you don’t take notes on what and how much you’re adding to the bowl! I’ve been disappointed more than once when I was unable to exactly duplicate a prior fabulous concoction!
But when you first learn to make vinaigrette from scratch, you might want to follow the recipes. It’s best to wait until you get a feel for the proportions that encompass salad dressings before wandering off the beaten path.
WHAT GOES INTO A GREAT BALSAMIC DRESSING?
With just a handful of ingredients you can make a vinaigrette that rivals any store-bought brand in both taste and cost.
Here’s all you need:
- Aged balsamic vinegar– It’s important to buy a very good aged balsamic vinegar. The longer the vinegar has been aged, the sweeter, milder, and richer it becomes.
- Extra virgin olive oil– This is my go-to oil, but you can substitute with avocado or any other light flavored oil you prefer.
- Honey– The older the vinegar, the less sweeter you’ll need. Adjust the recipe to your tastes.
- Dijon mustard– For that perfect tangy element that brings out the boldness of the balsamic.
- Dried thyme– An earthy herb, it balances the sweet and zesty notes of the dressing
- Minced garlic– You need to ask? It’s because every good vinaigrette needs garlic!
I’m not kidding when I say this is the best-ever balsamic vinaigrette recipe! It’s taken quite a few attempts before arriving at this luscious combination of flavors. I hope you try it really soon.
LEARN TO MAKE VINAIGRETTE FROM SCRATCH
If you want to learn the basics of how to make any vinaigrette from scratch, then check out this fabulous article!
It will give you all the basics you need to start making your own salad dressings at home!
Read the article here: Master Lesson – Learn to make vinaigrette from scratch
- 1/4 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp. honey (taste after first addition and judge accordingly)
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk until completely emulsified. Will keep in refrigerator for up to 14 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 117Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 109mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 0g
Serving sizes are approximate.
YOU’RE NOT ON THE LIST YET? Why not join in on the fun!
There’s always something fabulous happening here at Ingredients For A Fabulous Life, you don’t want to miss out, do you?
Join the IFAFL Email Subscriber List to get instant access to the IFAFL Resource Library and receive our twice-weekly emails. Just fill out the form below and you’ll have exclusive access to all the FREE DIGITAL DOWNLOADS.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life! That’s where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.