I created this recipe when planning my Greek Dinner Party, and wanted to serve an entree that packed a real wallop
when it came to the flavors of the Mediterranean. I used a Greek yogurt marinade and added color and a punched up the flavor profile with grape tomatoes, artichoke hearts and lemon slices. Don’t forget to schedule time to marinade the chicken pieces, a few hours in that magic marinade produces juicy and intensely flavored chicken.
Let me know if you make this wonderful dish, I’d love to hear how you like it!.
Come join the gang in our Facebook group and get in on the gabfest at, The Fab Life, where we show off our triumphs and share our pursuit of “the good life” with each other all week long.
Don’t forget to sign up for your twice weekly visits from Ingredients For A Fabulous Life. You don’t want to miss out on something fabulous, do you? Use the form on the right of this page to start receiving our fabulous posts and newsletter today! We can’t wait for you to become a member of our community!
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 5 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped (1-1/2 Tbs. dry)
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs and breasts, bone-in
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, halved
- 1 lemon, sliced
- In a large glass baking dish, whisk together the first 10 ingredients, add chicken pieces, tossing in the marinade to coat them well. Cover and refrigerate to marinate for at least 2 hours. The chicken can stay in the marinade up to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray inside of a large baking dish. Shake off excess marinade and place chicken into dish in a single layer.
- Add tomatoes, lemon slices and artichokes, pushing them down in between the chicken pieces.
- Bake uncovered for about 60 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
I usually use a 13"x9" glass baking dish for this entree, but for my Greek Dinner Party, I used a pretty white Corningware casserole that could go right on the table if desired.
If using boneless chicken, you can reduce the cooking time to 45 minutes.